View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Thanks all! Ok, so I should crate her when I leave...and at night too for now as she is not house broken...one of us (probably me) can keep her in the room or close by in case she needs out in the middle of the night (like last night, 4am, yeesh).

Now, my other two are 6 & 7, they have free access to the house and sleep on their beds at night. I can't imagine crating them...how does that work?

And I did read about pits and no tugging so it has become a habit to not tug with the dogs at all. My husbands American Bulldog/Pit mix came to us as a tugger and it didn't take long to break her of that habit. Now she digs and tugs tree roots up in the back yard. Big ones.

We don't free food either. I've got her on a schedule of about (5) 1/3-1/2 cups a day of Iams Premium puppy food. The big dogs are on a lamb and rice formula because of one's food allergies. Are Yummy Chummies ok for puppies? We like to support our local businesses (and my BIL is the manager so we get lots of free stuff)

How about exercise at this age? I walk every night - probably no more than 3k or so. Is that ok for the little one?

Gosh I feel so ignorant. Been reading Cesar Milan's site, too. I really want to get this right the first time around.

Last edited by Tuffgirl; 08-15-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typos