Old 08-14-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

A male friend arrived late to the airport when I came from a holiday... I had been flying for too much time... 3 airplanes.. was exhausted... then he couldn't wake up half an hour earlier so I wouldn't wait for him?

Normally... its half an hour... not a big deal. Or regarding the OP... it was $10. Not a big deal either.

But being more aware about how much I have given and how much I have received... tends to make you react to what otherwise would be "small things" ....

Because if I invite someone out I like to pay, and pay the tip too, and have fun and its my pleasure and I won't eat what the other person is having. And I will pay the valet parking and take the friend home too if I am driving. And wait until they open the door and I am sure they are safe.

And when I go get someone from the airport or bus station I put 2 alarms and arrive an hour before the planned arrival time so the person does not have to wait any more minute, I know they arrive tired.

I guess its normal to hang out with people willing to behave the same ways towards me, at minimum?

For some men its something to be proud of, to be able to pay, to be generous.

Anyway, I haven't dated in a while and am in a social anxiety period currently, so I don't have these problems nowadays ... lol