View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 08:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Cadence57
Barn Goddess

You drink almost as many calories in beer, in one night, as I eat (in food, of course) all day! THAT is a lot of calories! Not to mention the health risks (liver, pancreas, mental deterioration, etc) - the medical community agrees that one or two alcoholic drinks per day is plenty - more than that is considered excessive... I watched alcoholism kill my mother, it's not a pretty way to go - I'm very passionate about the subject.

From someone who's "the other half" to someone who drinks like you, it's almost excruciating to have a reasonable conversation with someone who has had six beers... broken promises, forgotten plans, priorities not *quite* where they would be if he was sober, irrational conversations, arguments... That's why I am here..

I hope you reach your goal and you're able to maintain it. I'm also glad you are open minded enough to take the risk and come here to ask questions and learn - you've got nothing to lose and so much to gain.

Personally I think that cruise sounds like LOTS more fun than lying around on a couch drinking, though!!

Best of luck to you!