Old 08-14-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Originally Posted by KittyP View Post
Wow! I guess this might be a cultural thing but to be quite honest I think your attitude is unacceptable. Sure, he asked you out and chose the place but contributing the tip to the meal he was paying for was only fair. Tbh, I think it's very rude not to have offered to have paid your own way in the first place.

Don't you get that you were guilty of what you are accusing him of. He wasn't freeloading off of you by asking you to make a small contribution to the meal you had, but by expecting him to pay for all of your meal you were, in fact, freeloading off of him. I know you didn't intend it as such, but it's kind of hypocritical.

Tbh, the very first thing I thought of when I read that he asked you to pay for the tip, was that he was checking to see if you were the kind of woman who expects him to pay for everything because he was sick of being taken advantage of.
Maybe it is hypocritical of me, maybe it isn't. This is a boundary of mine and always will be. If someone insists he take me on a dinner date when I first suggest just doing appetizers, then I take that as him treating me. When I've asked people to dinner, I pay everything. I have never backslided and asked them to pitch in. If I wanted to go out to dinner with him and he only wanted to do appetizers, then I would have suggested us each paying our halves. I have strict boundries with men and money because I have come across a good many that do take advantage. Dating is different for everyone.