Old 08-14-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
BodhiTree

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
I've been reading Trimpey's book Taming the Feast Beast... it's an interesting read. I'm about halfway through it. He applies AVRT to overeating. It doesn't seem as "together" as RR, and AVRT (the person) mentioned to me that he wrote this before RR, so it makes more sense knowing that. I like where he's going with it so far...

I ate lots of sugar and drank lots of caffeine during my first 30 days of sobriety. Funny enough, as I was going into my 5th week of sobriety I thought... hmm, I wanna try applying AVRT to eating. So I asked AVRT (the person) if you can do that... or if it's been done. He told me about the Feast Beast book.

Well... before I even bought it on Amazon I corrected my eating habits on my own. So... here I am with this book AFTER I quit the sugar on my own. I'm only eating natural sugar in fruit now... and not very much of that. I've cut way back on the caffeine as well. Dropped 5 lbs so far... about 12 lbs to go before I reach my ideal weight. The book is nice, but I already made up my mind to do this before I got the book in my hands!

It seems that I quit both drinking & incorrect eating just weeks before reading both RR and Feast Beast... not sure if there's something to that or not. But having those books does help.

Thanks, Jennie. Like you, I just quit drinking on my own using pretty much AVRT though I didn't know it as such. I'm reading Rational Recovery right now and I'm subbing in "sugar" and "eat" for "alcohol" and "drink" as I'm reading. I'm not finding that book all the helpful so far but I'm going to finish it. I appreciate your thoughts on the Feast Beast, too.

Congratulations on all your progress!!!