Old 08-13-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by ElvisInASkirt View Post
When I say 6 I feel a real pang of doubt coming up from my chest. I just stay still when this happens and feel it rather than react to it. Feels like I'm shining headlights on a fox that's running from the light of my consciousness.

If I do this enough I will feel euphoric when there's no response from inside. If I fail to catch the doubt as a seed it grows and can lead to some ideas of drinking that don't feel like they are from me and I feel sad. Then I understand it's the whole me/beast thing.
You're getting the hang of it. Just recognize all self-doubt as the Addictive Voice. Remember, the Addictive Voice is "any thinking, feeling, or imagery that supports, or even suggests, your future use of alcohol or drugs, ever."

Doubt is supporting the future use of alcohol or drugs, and by definition, fits the bill. If you can recognize it for what it is - an expression of the Beast - and dissociate from it, you will be fine. Over time, it will settle down.

Being a bit of a nerd, I like the following programmatic description myself:

1. I never drink/use.
2. IF ("ANY contradiction of 1") (ex: "you can have just a little, if you're careful.")
3. GO TO 1.