Old 08-12-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Recovery & Boundries = Good, In today's world= Dateless

This is just something I've been noticing and its sorta funny that I wanted to share. So, I've been noticing that alot of people in my age group 25-35 really need a 12 step program/recovery/life lessons badly. And I don't just mean codies or A's. Everyone. I went out on a date with a 35 year old physical therapist last week. Was set up by a mutual friend so I thought it would be ok. She said he was "professional" and he was "well off in his career". He asked her to set him up with me and he called me and asked me out. I first suggested just meeting for appetizers and a drink but he insisted he take me to a nice hibachi place and we did the whole hibachi table with the japanese chef thing. I love that food by the way. Anyway, he was nice and we had good convo. We both ordered our meals and he ordered all these sushi rolls before we got our actual dinner. I didn't eat any of it. We both had a drink. Usually when I go to those places, they give you so much food, that I have so much left over. Well, he ate his sushi rolls, his dinner, then he asked me if I was going to eat the rest of my meal lol. I said ok...I really didn't care if he was hungry.

So the check comes and he takes it and it was around 100. So I'm thinking since he asked me out, he should pay. And I didn't eat any of those extra sushi rolls that he ordered and I only wanted to do apps but he suggested dinner. He goes "can you pay the tip"!? So the codie in me thought about it for a second like maybe I should. Then I said to him, no you asked me out, I don't think that's my responsibility. I mean, I thought that was a little rude. Well, he got a little heated and gave me a dirty look! He ended up paying, but on the way out I asked him can I ask you why you asked me to pay the tip when you were the one that asked me out, he said "I don't know I thought you would be cool, others girls would do it". I never heard from him again.

And you know what? I believe him! Girls do so much sh&t today just to have a man, that if you aren't jumping through hoops for a guy, he just moves on to the next one that will pay or do whatever he wants. If you have boundries and limits with men and ask for respect, you don't get asked out again. What's with some men today. Its hard to be young and actually have boundries with people because most young people turn their noses up at boundries. I don't want to be with anyone anyway that doesn't respect boundries, but geez its few and far between today to find someone that "gets it". I know not ALL men are like that but alot ARE. Thanks for letting me rant.

Anyone else notice this?