View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
bleslie

Hello all! I'm new to this site, and am finding this helpful and all-too-familiar. I've been with my AH for almost 5 years, and I don't have to describe to any of you the drama and heartache that has been ever-present.

I recently asked for a short-term separation so that I could work on my co-dependency issues, and he could work on his "issue" as well. He's now drinking more than when he was here, has tried medication to help him stop (claims after taking it a couple of times it didn't work), and maintains that he is still addressing the issue by researching various options, but hasn't yet come to a solution and therefore is still drinking himself silly.

For me, and so many of you, it seems to be a waiting game. How much more will I and can I take before letting go of the dream of the intact family unit with the strong, capable, SOBER dad and husband at the helm. Instead, what we have is a sinking ship and three beautiful boys who have to be saved. And of course, the codie-captain (me) who vacillates between loving and hating him, depending on his mood and actions in the moment.

I'm so tired and so very sad. But have to say that it is nice not having him under my roof. Maybe nice enough to keep it this way. Maybe...

L