Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

My attorney is aware he is an alcoholic who had been to rehab twice. Before I retained her I "interviewed " several to find someone who a) knows something about substance abuse & b) is experienced in divorces dealing w alcoholics. All the truth the world doesn't change the fact that the system is imperfect. AH lied & was able to make it so that my request for a RO was denied. If I'd called 911 @ the beach two weeks ago that would've been different. I screwed myself by letting my mom influence me & now AH can lie his way through the legal system since the truth doesn't mattrer to it... All that matters is how much $you have for a lawyer & how well you can lie. In that respect AH has the upper hand. Emails, journals, eye witness accounts are all suspect since if I have been so worried why didn't I call 911? This is what my lawyer pointed out as what anopposing atty forAHwill say. I prefer that she's honest & not blowing smoke or saying what she thinks I want to hear but it still sucks that the truth is so insignificant & proof & who is more believable is what counts. AH is a pathological liar so what chance do I stand?!?!