Thread: Need Opinions ?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
katie44

My sister called yesterday, her and her husband are going away this coming weekend. They are leaving cousin home by himself, she has asked me to stop by and check on him. Oh and if he feels like going to a meeting could I take him and pick him up. I told her no he could take the public transit. Now she is upset me, hung up on me. He is so smooth he calls my spouse and I last nite wanting to know if we could help him set up his future goals ? Of course my sister thinks thats wonderful that he is reaching out to us. Just a manipulation tactic on his part. I told him no to call the drug and rehab counselling. He has not been to a meeting since I last posted. I stopped by her house on Saturday, there he is in the backyard laying on the lounger like its a resort, and asks me to grab him a coke while Im in the house, then yells can I put it in a glass. Really cant put my finger on why I am so angry ? I know I need to step back. I love my sister, I see she is being taking advantage of and I find it infuriating. Yes he is clean ( my sister keeps reminding me of that ) but he is still behaving like an addict. She has a time bomb in her home about ready to go off. He has been as this for 20 years, very manipulative.
Why am I so upset over this, I feel like Ive taken 3 steps backwards in my own recovery.?