View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Floss

Originally Posted by bookwyrm View Post

I always have a problem with anger - expressing it or hearing it from someone else. Way to go with asserting yours! I'm scared if I let mine out I won't be able to stop...
I understand what you mean. I had a real problem hearing other peoples anger, probably because most of the people I had attracted in my life weren't able to express their anger respectfully. They were being abusive. They weren't safe people to be around. Abuse can be overt and it can be ever so subtle. We need to listen to our intuition, our gut feelings instead of ignoring them. If we sense danger, there's usually a reason for that. I also understand about feeling like you won't be able to stop if you let out your anger! I've been on that road on and off for the last two years. The thing I've realised is I'm not an abuser like some of the people in my life and it's okay to feel anger and to acknowledge it instead of stuffing it so far down I don't even notice it's there. I may at times have the "f**k you attitude when I'm dealing with unsafe people, but I'm starting, slowly, to learn to balance this now so I no longer act in the all or nothing approach...