Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

At the time being AH is not asking to be with the girls at all. He is interested in talking to them on the phone and pretending he misses them.

They will not spend time with his mother bc his mother lives nearly 2 hrs away and the girls and I will remain here where we live currently.

My lawyer unfortunately confirmed that although I have a detailed journal with dates/events and have emails from years and years past and present that AH has sent that discuss his behavior and his out of control drinking, it is all questionable in court. The emails could be said to have been faked, the journals are a he said/she said issue.

She told me that I certainly can have the firm hire experts to do all the tech research required to prove the validity of the emails and we can have a trial but she recommended that we attempt mediation first. She will represent me. He can have his own atty if he wants (I won't be telling him that) and there will be a mediator. My lawyer and his (if he gets one-- I assume the lawyer who made sure the RO was not granted will continue to work for free for him since the community we live in sees him as a saint) will hash out the parenting plan and she will do all she can to get it settled out of court. She said that she imagines it will be fairly easy to get a judge to agree that IF he has unsupervised time with the girls that he will be subjected to random drug/alcohol testing. That's reassuring a bit. And ideally, he won't have unsupervised time with the girls.