View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bookwyrm
Curled up in a good book...

Originally Posted by Floss View Post

The denial thing...I was talking to my psychologist last week about denial as I had been in denial that I had any resentments or anger for most of my life. (He's another person my HP led into my life and he's helping me unravel 40 years of abuse etc)...as they say, when the pupil is ready, the teacher appears). When I spoke about my denial, he said something like "...what if it isn't denial. What if it is that you weren't aware then and now you're starting to become more aware of your feelings, what's happening inside?" I thought that was a good way of looking at things.
I think that looking at it like this helps - stops me beating myself up for being 'stupid'. Thanks Floss!

I always have a problem with anger - expressing it or hearing it from someone else. Way to go with asserting yours! I'm scared if I let mine out I won't be able to stop...

One day at a time is all we can do. I need that reminder today. Patience with myself is something I find really hard to do.

Thank you for sharing your journey. And you're right, it is a process and not an event. It'll never stop!