Old 08-07-2011, 02:58 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Hi everyone.

It's been a whirlwind the last 10 days. Last Wednesday I called a recruiter at a rival company just to see what they were offering, after a tip from a friend. I wasn't looking for a job, really, but thought it wouldn't hurt to see what they were up to. The recruiter told me he'd get back to me after he got back from vacation.

Thursday I was working, went to help a friend on his job location. He met me at the highway and I followed him through the maze of turns to his location. Except that about halfway there he hit a cattle guard kind of funny, it shredded his tire, he lost control of his truck on the gravel road, and rolled it. Totaled his truck, but he was uninjured except for a couple cuts from broken glass, but... I dunno. I've never had trouble with that sort of thing, I usually shrug it off pretty well, but I've had nightmares about it. Not so sure. I've had a lot going on though, so I'm hoping it goes away soon. I have that sort of anxious feeling I had constantly for a while right after I quit doing drugs. It's like doing drugs gave me an anxiety disorder or something like that.

Friday morning the operations manager at the rival company called me. He asked a couple questions about my experience and asked if I could start Saturday morning; I hesitated for a second and he offered to increase my start pay. So... my new company puts me in a hotel every night, I love it. No more living on oil rigs!! It's the same job but it's been crazy learning how this place does stuff and all that new-job stuff. And I'm working nights; no complaints there since it's still getting up over 100 degrees during the day.

And with that, it's pretty much my bed time. Good night, everyone!