Thread: feeling guilty
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jamaicamecrazy

feeling guilty

My son went away for a few weeks with the military. He lives with me and supposedly keeps in touch with his dad. He never tells me when they are getting together. I always have to ask 20 questions to get a straight answer and it drives me crazy. Part of my recovery is not needing to know what does not concern me. My son has made it clear that he does not want to talk about his father with me.
I bit my tongue and did not ask if he had seen his father or told his father when he was leaving.
Come to find out that dad called his sister after son left and said he did not know when he was leaving and felt hurt.
Daughter said she did not realize that she had to be a liaison between her father and brother.
I told her she did not have to be. That they are 2 grown men who don't like to be told what to do and they need to figure out how they are going to communicate and relate to each other. However we both feel bad that dad is hurt. My son and him have always been close.
I received 2 emails while my son was away. One when they got there and one about when to expect them back. I forwarded both to my AH. He did not acknowledge either one.
In fact he has been treating me like dirt and we are pretty much NC.
Today I sent out a text to his sister and a few friends to let them know my son was back. I did not send it to AH.
I feel guilty-I know it's not my job to keep him in the loop when he has taken himself out of the loop but I question my motivation. Am I just so hurt and angry at the way I am being treated that I am being vengeful. I know I am the only one who can answer that but I am not sure. Maybe this is just a new position for me and so it feels uncomfortable.
I want my children to have a relationship with their dad but I really don't need to be involved in it do I? It is up to them and their dad right?