View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Ah yes...... do I ever remember THAT feeling.

There's a part in the BB where they wrote, "he will be at the jumping off point, he will wish for the end." Man, could I ever identify.

Rest assured, it can and will get worse.....unless you're willing to take some different actions and make some changes. Maybe you'll have to even join up with us jerks in AA (haha). I promise you though, real sobriety is kick-a$$. ....and no, I don't just mean "not drinking." Not drinking is for the birds.....I'm talking full-bore, in all areas of your life, healthy sobriety.

The problem is, you may need more than a wash and a wax. You may, like me, need a full frame-off restoration and you may not have the necessary tools. If that's the case, you're in luck........ happiness AND sobriety are still attainable quite simply.....but the work may not be "easy." Simple......but not always easy.

No BS...... you CAN have a much better life. You can have peace, happiness, serenity, the lessening of fear, freedom from a TON of the stuff that's dragging you down..... I'm living proof. Had I been able to muster up the balls, I was ready to end it. Was tossing around smashing into a bridge across the freeway or shooting myself.

In 4 years of sobriety, in AA, working the program.......I've never once really contemplated taking my own life again. And the best part - most of the really heavy lifting was done FOR me.