View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Thumper

I'm cynical so I'm going to hold my tongue about what I think of his actions.

On the questions about you though - I think everything you are feeling is completely normal. If you were my best friend, sitting across the table, and i was going to give you my heartfelt advice - it would be to get a plan together that will lead you towards being able to take care of yourself and your children, independently. You can't go wrong there. He finds recovery and is successful beyond your wildest imagination, and you still won't regret putting together a plan of self sufficiency...and if you need your plan - you'll be forever thankful you have it.

My dream from the time I was a little girl was to be a mom. Nothing else. I wanted to be a mom, that stayed home, and raise her kids. Do all the mom and family things. I basically had no career aspiration at all. That is my 'dream' today. It is all I have ever wanted and my xah and I talked about it constantly. My plan B, pounded into me every day by my own mother, was to take care of myself. It was her gift to me. I can't even tell you how thankful I am today that I am able to support myself and my children.