Thread: I am so low
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 04:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eight Ball

Hi Sweeteewalls,

Get well soon.

I have recently left my AH of 23yrs and what you are going through was one of the reasons why I left. Whenever there is a 'crisis' with me or with my family, my AH reverts to form, he cant handle my stress, so drinks more and then 'adds' (with unreasonable behavior) to the stress that I am already going through. I am terrified of getting really sick, or my parents dying or receiving some really bad news because I know that my AH will make matters a whole lot worse for me - as he always has done in the past.

Whats done is done now for you but maybe you can learn from this and move forward, planning to be more independent (from you RAH) in the future. Whilst you are convalescing why don't you plan to do some activities that will get you involved in the wider community and get you making friends again. I joined an Acapella choir and have made many 'nice' friends who organise and invite me to socials. Its great fun too, learning new songs and performing in public every now and again. I know that it takes time to make strong friendships with people who will be there for you in times of need, but it might be worth starting now. At least then you wont have to rely on your waste of space RAH.