View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Fandy

no worries, you are doing fine. Don't blame yourself. I also do things for the ones I love to make their life easier....but when it is not reciprocated, you feel used. He has no right to yell and you and give emotional abuse. Why protect him anymore? If he doesn't care enough about himself, you cannot do it for him.

If he can't do a simple task all day, then yell at you for doing the dishes (while he had all day to do it)..why should you protect him from his mama?

I don't think he is going to get better, unless he wakes up and sees what he is doing to himself. He's an adult, he has your insurance card Im sure...all he has to do is make some phone calls and write the names down and call whoever is in your plan that will see him, make an appointment and see if he likes the counselor, if not move to another or the demographics depending on how far away it is...like I said, my co-pay was cheaper than a bottle of wine...i chose a doctor who was down the street from where I work and had evening hours. She could not write scripts, but worked with my Internist who did so on her recommendation.

it is hard to stop drinking, but I wanted so badly to stop feeling craptastic. I have not been 100% perfect in the last 18 months, but I am feeling 100% better and not making myself sick.