View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
I used to love early punk/hc, and did like Minor Threat.

Was MDC straight edge? I loved them, too.

I guess I mainly liked the social political stuff, and did not drink back then, started when I was a lot older. I used to/still love the Dead Kenndys, though.

I met the Buzzcocks, at a small after-show party once cause we knew the sound-man, with them and maye 6 other people...they seemed nice, very down to earth. Never met any other band before. I felt so special
I started listening to the Buzzcocks again recently when producer Martin Rustent passed on. That reopened my eyes to his work and Sythnpop in general after all these years. In fact I'm going off to see The Human League next month on a bill with Berlin and B-52s.

My musical tastes range from Aaron Copeland to the Human League to Kraftwerk and Peter, Paul and Mary. If it has a political/social message chances are I like it or at least given it a good listen. I'm probably one of the eight people that actually liked The League's Hysteria. My friend's considered me a traitor for liking The Lebanon and Louise. As if by liking those songs I am denying the art of their SythPop years(especially Dare!).

I remember the Dead Kennedys. My family revered both Bobby and John so I had to hide their records in the back of my LP cabinet behind Paul Young. :rotfxko