View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chino

I'm an addict and my DOC is nicotine. I've quit several times but the only times I did it for others, was when I was pregnant then breastfeeding. I'm currently weaning myself down again.

I've learned so much about myself - including body and brain - because of my daughter. I'm an alcohol abuser, too, because I purposely get drunk a few times a year. 2-4 times, I guess. Otherwise I rarely drink and stop at will when I do. Still, I choose to get drunk when I do, so I share that in common with A's. I recently said no more binge drinking for me, because there's a fine line out there I don't want to cross and I don't know where it is.

I've learned I'm dopamine deficient; I wouldn't abuse or be dependent on substances if I wasn't (includes caffeine, too). I do know what it feels like to be in balance naturally. I've been there every time I quit smoking and that's where I'm ready to be again. I don't binge drink when I'm not smoking because one thing always leads to another.

I also learned obsession is addict behavior. I learned addiction is addiction and every time I point a finger, three are pointing back at me. This is one heck of a journey