Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
atdawn

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I will be totally honest here and tell you that if I can help it I do not want to go to the dom viol shelter. I'll go to my mom's (as sucky as that is) before that bc I worked at the dom violence shelter right after college (as a 21 yr old who knew nothing about abuse now that I look back on it) and am embarassed to go there as a client since I know the director and admin asst are still there from when I worked there. I know that's stupid to be ashamed but I am.
There is no shame in going there. This is a place where people will take you seriously, will help you, will protect you, when it looks like your family and friends are not. Places like this are made to help people in your situation. There is no more shame in going there than there is shame in admitting your situation to people anyways - and you have already started taking that step. And reading how your AH behaves towards you gives me the creeps. I am scared for you, I really am. I don't usually give advice on this site, I prefer just giving my own experience for people to use as they see fit, but I am really scared you are in real danger. And he knows where you mother lives I assume. And you already know he has the nerves to treat you badly in front of her. Can you go to a place he does not know about, somewhere he cannot get to you? Whatever you decide to do, my heart goes out to you.