Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Murray4x5
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by RaiseAnchor View Post
I've honestly had dreams about being in the wrong class at the wrong time though.
I took a Fine Arts course at a college, and had to sign up for a couple academic courses as part of the program. The day came, and as I joined the end of a loooong line to sign up for a course I remembered a dream from the night before. In the dream I had stood in a loooong line only to find out it was the wrong line for the wrong course. I chuckled to myself, "Ha ha, pretty funny...there's no way this could be a wrong line for a wrong course...could it?"

Yup, it was the wrong line D'OH!!!

College can be crazy. People away from home for the first time. Lots of drinking and drugging. Bad craziness. I'd start my day, every day with SR and a cup of coffee; that way active sobriety is always a part of your day. Maybe you could start something like a "Dry Friday Night" meet-up at a campus coffee shop, or some other type of non-drinking get together? There should be quite a few people there who don't drink, don't want to babysit their drunk friends, don't want to get caught up in the drama or fights, and don't want to hold peoples heads out of the toilet while they puke their guts out.

Congrats on going to college by the way. I went in my mid twenties and walked away with a much richer experience because of it.