View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
breakingglass

Originally Posted by LifeRecovery View Post
BreakingGlass-

I feel for you very much in this situation. I am from RI too (the southern part), though I now live along ways away my family is still there.

When I went home for Thanksgiving this year I had two really important pieces I had to get/do. The first was good Italian food that I cannot get here, the second was a list of Al-Anon meetings. My current county is three times the size of RI and there are 5 Al-Anon meetings a week, I was shocked with how many there were in RI...more like 5 a day. I did not get to each of them but I found many that were warm and welcoming. I got into Al-Anon because of living with an alcoholic spouse, but have a large family history of alcoholism on both sides of my family so it was a great support while I was there, and honestly helped to make my trip a great one. I got to get ride of the anxiety at the meetings so I could just enjoy being with family and friends otherwise.

Finally I want to thank you. Seeing one of your earlier posts, and where you were from inspired me to sign up for this forum/group.
welcome fellow RI'nder!!! i'm glad you did sign up. some people on here are very helpful and wise. although others tend to get pretty intense with their replies. i am sure they don't mean it.... we are all a bit frustrated with the whole issue.

maybe you can suggest to me which meeting were the best.... i think its time for me to attend one..... i feel very alone in all of this and the last thing i want to do is carry it with me to every corner of my life.... maybe there i can learn to be happy in my situation......

again welcome!!!!