View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
breakingglass

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I'm sorry that he's drinking again, and I feel your frustration.

If he's been to rehab before, he's got the tools to stay sober. He has to pick them up and use them however.

As far as his mental health issues, a psychiatrist can diagnose and prescribe the proper meds.

Is there any reason he can't be making those phone calls for himself?

I hope you are attending Alanon. It surely has saved my bacon more than once, and helps me with every day living.

Sending you hugs of support!
thanks. i pretty much to everything in our home....from cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry, and even making appointments! he doesn't know how to us a computer. and he just recently in the last 5 years learned to use an atm card! he's not a stupid person, just spoiled by his mother who used to do everything for him....i guess the job was handed down to me when we married. i don't really mind doing it but it would be nice to have his imput. and yes, i does frustrate me at times.

to be honest, i think he is making up any excuses he can to drink at this point. and i am trying to handle things much better than before. he gets angry because i spend a lot of time out with my friends. beats being home while he is drunk. so i guess i have kind of distanced myself from him in that way. but at least i'm actually thinking of me!! he never does.

today is my birthday and we are suppose to go out to dinner. in my heart, i'd much rather go out dancing with my friends. but i dont' want to rock the boat or hurt his feelings. he's an extrememly emotional person right now. very unbalanced. i feel for him.