View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
breakingglass

here we go again

well at least i had 3 months of relief, happiness, contentment. but my AH fell of the wagon and is struggling again to "get well". he fears the cost of having to go to rehab again. (we are not one of those who can just waltz in and out of those places and have the state or the government pick up the tab). so given that and the fact that he's been laid off for 2 years is making the horse get to the water that much more difficult.

there is another issue here that i'm hoping someone can help me with. he is manic and has severe depression and he NEEDS meds for this. his GP gave him one month worth of a new med that really seemed to work for him..... he was happy, content and could deal much better with keeping away from the vodka. the GP won't help him any further. now he is a mess and i dont know who or what kind of doctor to call. i dont know where to begin to get him the proper treatment...... do i get a psychiatrist, an MD, a theropist?? i hate all of this.... its depressing me now and that is all we need, a house of gloom....... i'm getting angry at him now and my willingness to be supportive and nuturing is turning into desire to lash out at him and i dont mean it...... i just am so tired of dealing with this..... i'm 52 years old and its time for me to have some peace and happiness in my older years. someone on here said that they don't label babies when there born and stamp "alcoholic" on thier forehead..... but what about a grown man? am i that stupid that i didn't see the signs before saying "i do"??? i feel so damned trapped i just want to run and run as far as my arthritic legs will take me!

oh and i might mention that AA is not an option. he went to a couple of meetings and the religious part of it totally turned him off. as it would me. so please dont' suggest that option. he's so not going to go for all the touchy feeling hugging and circle making kind of stuff....