Old 07-28-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

The above posts seem harsh... but I see the truth in them....

bruingirl are you going to therapy...? you sound so much like me... giving giving and not receiving much in return... I feel so much better after talking with mine, I wish everybody went to a good one. It has been my #1 source of support. You are worth feeling better...

You are going to the HW store for bread.
Perhaps you are angry with yourself for trusting someone who did not deserve it? well, that is how I felt anyway, I couldn't believe I trusted a JERK plain and simple. In reality I was angry with myself.

Still am but working on it.

Go to therapy

Write a letter to your dad if you feel bad about losing the ring, get a new one, mark the occasion, make it a very special one too.

Write to the EXABF and how all he does has made you and is making you feel. (Don't send it)

Keep reading "Codependent no more" by MB.
Alanon, for people affected and people who were affected by alcoholism.

Get the anger out, maybe with sports?

Forgiveness is a huge healer. You need to forgive XABF, forgive yourself and realize your dad has already forgiven the loss of this ring (I hope XABF sends it but I wouldn't count on it). Forgiveness is a huge one. In my family there are resentments that have been kept well and alive and have gone on for 30 YEARS. I hope you let them go. Otherwise they will turn into illness later, I am convinced of this.

We have to let it all go. Things, people, and the most difficult one for me, ideas of people that we had in our minds and are no longer(or were never) reality.

Zen books/zen reading online has also been of huge help, to realize the temporary nature of...well, everything.

Living in the here and the now is much more rewarding than living in the past. The past... has to stay there, it is already there, in the past. But this can't sink in rationally, there's a lot of inner emotional work to do to let it go (and I can't do it by myself, need a pro to guide me through these changes)

HUGS.