Old 07-28-2011, 01:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Ugh this sounds like XABF. Very very similar.

I also had something valuable, when I asked for it I was told via a 3rd party that the thing was broken in a drunken party. This was not broken easily when dropped. He did it on purpose. Or he was too drunk to notice. Perhaps it was a drunken friend? Of course no apology how naive of me! I was very angry and upset. Then my sister got me something similar. I like it more because it reminds me of someone that really loves me.

Anyway, my sanity was worth any object so I let it go.

The love and memories of your dad will always be with you. You would have had to let go of that ring sooner or later. We die with nothing in our hands. Its a price for learning who to trust. I know - it sucks. But your love between your dad and you and all the memories will continue living in your heart and that is something no one, including XABF can ever ever take away from you.

Also, I still talk to an XBF. This thread helped me notice money and taking care of my cats are still the "glue". I have learned from this thread. Thank you.

We do not own anyone nor anything. I would cut my losses. I lost my grandmom years ago, and one feeling that I used to have then was that she wanted me to be happy, that I had been forgiven, that objects did not matter, only love matters, only love goes on. Things get lost, broken, misplaced, damaged. All of them are temporary.

Focus on what it represents. Perhaps get a new one and do some kind of "ritual" thinking of your dad? and "letting him know" the new ring represents a new you who has more clarity about who deserves to be in her life, who still has your dad very present? perhaps this can be a meaningful ring too. OK maybe you think I am crazy but I truly believe our loved ones that have moved on to the other life, can listen to us and see us with love and understanding beyond what we would ever imagine, and that they want to see us happy and peaceful, period.

(Just my views, if someone thinks I am nuts, its ok... this is just my experience/feelings.... )

Hugs to you.

PS The guy did not deserve you.
PPS There is no magic eraser that works. Denial does not remove any unprocessed emotion nor memory from anyone. As MB says "we all pay, sooner or later". I no longer feel sorry for XABF. He made many conscious decisions that hurt me deeply. He is not a helpless victim. And he also went out with a younger naive woman. Modus operandi. They need someone to get energy from and feed their egos and disease. When she wakes up from Fantasyland, she will leave, and the next day he will get someone else. Not personal.

I am glad I am not enabling/helping anyone in their slow suicide anymore.