Old 07-27-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bruingirl

Aww, I was hoping I wouldn't hear that I'm not going to get it back, but expected that that's what the consensus would be.

XABF lives with his parents so they are going to be my next plan of action. I had told him a long time ago that I would pick it up from them from his house so he needn't worry at all about us running into each other, but he said at that time:

"I will not tell them about the ring or anything and I dont want them worrying about me again and the second you will pop up into my life, they will be scared. So please respect what my family has tried to rebuild since our relationship. We dont always get our ways. I think we both know that"

Umm, what does that mean? Is he blaming his family issues on me? Or saying that post-breakup he was really torn up and going through a lot? Also I love how he makes me out to be a bad guy. Funny though, because when I recently saw XABF's parents at a mutual friends wedding, they were pretty kind to me. Even invited me over to their house between the wedding and reception, which I very politely declined.

Since he felt so uncomfortable about me interacting with his parents at the time, I was nice enough to try to figure it out with him. But in the most recent email I sent him, I basically stated that he had a deadline the first of August before I start inquiring with others about it. Others meaning his parents and also the current GF. Wondering how she would like to read the above text he sent me about him still wanting to be with me??? (Don't worry SR I'm not really going to talk to her, I know I know! But still funny to imagine the mess he's gotten himself in!)

I just think he's being silly (read: stupid). I even told him many times before that if we talked about everything that happened and accepted it, we could be able to move on. Even remain good friends. I really was willing to remain friends with him so long as he was in recovery. But instead of actively pursuing a friendship with me when he supposedly "misses me", he is playing a sick game by keeping the ring hostage and ignoring me all the same.

The alcoholic's problems really begin with the alcoholic and end with the alcoholic don't they?