Old 07-24-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
wywriter

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
wywriter, your thread title cracked me up. Boy howdy does it feel like that some days, huh?!

Hang in there, you've got your hands full. And at least you know the dog will be comfortable in the heat!
I wandered away and haven't followed up on my thread, how horrible! Yes, she is certainly much more comfortable, and even looks more like a schnauzer now instead of some odd combination of guinea pig and gutter rat. Yes, it definitely feels like this is a home for loonies, and I'm having trouble figuring out just how many :P.

GerryP -- no, no life-threatening situation, and this is a block I've been struggling with for some time now. I honestly don't know why all of this isn't enough reason to go. However, I am finally getting to the point where I can not only set boundaries, but vocalize them constructively to my AH. Even more, I'm finally beginning to get some clarity on how to stick to those boundaries. I'm not sure where the end of the road is, though I've accepted that he most likely won't be there when we get there. Now when he's drinking, if he's not willing to stay away from the kids and keep a civil tongue toward me and them, then either he or I will leave the house. The kids stay with me whatever happens. So far he hasn't tested this, but the time is coming.