View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 01:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I do understand your total frustration.

Maybe look at this a bit differently. Look at, for now, accepting the fact that practicing Addicts and/or Alcoholics LIE. It is a BIG part of the affliction. They have to keep their DOC coursing through their veins.

I know, I was one for many years.

Second fact. Whether you stay or go he will continue to use until he himself reaches that point of being 'sick and tired of being sick and tired.' Yes the possibility is there that he may not find recovery and die, and that can happen if you are there or not.

By continuing to 'enable' him you are not only postponing his 'bottom' but you are denying him the CONSEQUENCES of ALL his actions, and that includes have to live in a shelter or on the streets.

As we work on ourselves to get 'well' and work a program to make us strong, many of us find that our 'fear' of what will happen to them if we leave, is really a way of massaging our 'own guilt.' Even though that 'guilt' is erroneous.

It takes time, working a program that deals with our own co dependency issues to finally accept to the very core of our being that the only person we can help, and change is ourselves, that we have no 'power' over anyone else.

J M H O

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing as we do care so very much!!

Remember, we are walking with you in spirit.

Love and hugs,