View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jackthedog

I did it! I reported him to the police!

I decided to get a bite to eat for lunch, and on my way my counselor called me and said she thought calling the police on my AH was the right thing to do and she supported me. She said people would be very angry with me, but they may never know it was me. So, I called the Narcotics/Vice dept. and left a message for the detectives. They did not return my call by 4:00 so I called again, left another message, laid on the sofa and they called at 4:30! He said I would remain anonymous, to send him the pictures I took of the marijuana plants in his backyard, via email, he asked questions about the backyard (fencing, etc.) and said they would get to it early next week. I was surprised they didn't do anything today, but I suppose this is minor compared to what they have to deal with. So I felt better, went to a consignment shop with my friend, bought my son 4 dress shirts and 2 pairs of khaki's for his first year of High School, ate dinner and came home to find a huge tree limb on my house! AH and friends came by to look at it, all were drunk or close to it and said it would be ok until tomorrow. Weird that I saw him knowing what I did to him today and how his life might change next week. Weird that tomorrow my only child will be 14 and the joy my AH and I shared on that day is a fleeting memory.

I feel a lot less stress, a little lighter and feel I made the right decision for my son and our future. Now I will let go and let God take over the rest. All day I sat, prayed, read Courage to Change, the Bible and just listened and when I finally decided to make the call I felt at peace, so I know it was the right thing to do.......

thank you all for your input!!!!