Thread: Impending doom
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jamaicamecrazy

Thank You all for the support and suggestions. I have allowed myself more time to "feel" all the feelings that I was too busy to feel before. Or that were just too icky for me to feel. Stuffing all those feelings is what I realized made me a very angry person. So I was gentle with myself and laid low.
I also realized that I have not spent much time thinking about what I am grateful for. Last summer it was like I was seeing many things for the first time and I felt grateful for the opportunities, and friends who were supporting me. This year I feel as though I have not made an effort to look at all I have going on. I need to focus on that a little more.
I ended up not spending the day on the board, I met friends from work in the afternoon. I went to a pot luck dinner where I knew only a few people and had good food and good conversation with folks I had never met. I even managed to make it to an Al ANon meeting-one that I haven't been to in a while. After the meeting I had the chance to talk to someone for a while. A total stranger that liked what I had to say and had similar experiences.
When things like this happen I always take it as a sign that my HP is looking out for me and letting me know that things will be ok.