Old 07-20-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

How is he trying to make things better? I just see an active alcoholic.

Recovery shines through actions. Not numbers of AA meetings or $$ spent in therapy or # of days in rehab. Actions.

There can be awesome weekends with someone - and more awesome weekends.
There can be sanity.

I have felt undeserving most of my life thus I was with addicts, because of course I did not deserve so much joy in life!! so, I would get a small amount of "happiness" with someone, then followed by hell, a twisted way to "pay" for the joy I had before.

That is no way to live! not saying this is your case but you mentioned guilt and it made me think about how I have felt it too and have used it as self boycott.

I recommend therapy/counseling, it has done me a ton of good. So, you fix that picker, that doesn't seem to work very well! he might never change. This is who he is now. Someone who refers to Bud Lights and is probably drinking them, and doesn't care if you know about it. Because he is sure you will trust him more than YOUR experience, your observations. That you will make him your Higher power just as he makes alcohol his Higher power.

I hope you realize you deserve so much more than this never ending downward spiral, trust your instincts! I don't know if he will heal or not someday but I am sure YOU can, and you will if you want it, and that's what really matters here!! HUGS.