Old 07-18-2011, 10:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
groomer1

All of these men seem to have similar personalities. They know what you want to hear, they flatter you, and they sound OH so interested in you, just wanted to hear your voice, blah, blah.. In my case, I truly wanted to believe Mr. Charming was exclusive with me as he promised. One day, I stopped by and the cleaning lady said to me, "You are his girlfriend..really??" I caught him that day with someone else. His answer was that she was just giving him a ride..come on..I realized that the other women in his life, whomever they were to him, all had one thing in common - they liked to drink to excess, too, so they allowed him to continue in his addiction. I was his conscience, and when he got annoyed of listening to me, these other women were much more fun. I like to think at this point that I was the only sane one of his harem, and as I said in my journal, I feel like I have crawled out of hell. Yes, I miss him, but I miss the sober one that he does not wish to be, and feeling healthy is so much better at this point for me!