View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FT

I don't know of any studies that have interviewed "people who smoke pot all day" and have obtained any responses at all, let alone equating weed with alcohol. You have effectively applied a stereotype to pot smokers and how "they" think. That is prejudiced and narrow minded. It is also not true of the pot smokers I know.

I don't claim to know how "all pot smokers" think, but the ones I do know seem to be aware of the potency of "today's weed". The fact is that the "legal" substances (specifically prescribed drugs) have been implicated in recent statistics for drug deaths that far exceed any that can be ascribed to pot. In fact, there is no record in the extensive medical literature describing a proven, documented cannabis-induced fatality. (Source: US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration, "In the Matter of Marijuana Rescheduling Petition" (Docket #86-22), September 6, 1988, p. 56-57. Judge Young - Part 4)

I could go on an give more drug death statistics if anyone wanted to see them. I just think it is a shame to have weed access tied to the illegal drug trade, which does lead to deaths, primarily from violence.

But back to weed.

I still contend: My only point here is that I do think that "weed Prohibition" will only drive the users to seedy places to buy it, and will make criminals out of non-violent, peaceful people, many of whom are not addicts at all.