Thread: A break!
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Thanks, guys. Yup, sometimes we gotta let them bananas dance!

I am planning to go see the new Harry Potter (the final episode) tomorrow night. I am taking myself out to dinner, too. I am gonna invite a friend, but if she isn't up for it, I am taking MYSELF on a date. (I do that every now and then--I don't have to worry about the goodnight kiss, though I do give myself a hug sometimes. )

I did bring home work, but I can do it without the pressure of having to take care of a zillion details right this second. I've only been making one AA meeting a week for the past couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to my meetings tonight and Sunday, too.

Today was busy, as usual, but it felt less frenetic than it's been.

Yeah, Mike, I know all about short-timers. I love military lingo (Dad in AF). My personal favorite is FUBAR (effed up beyond all recognition). Not to mention Charlie Foxtrot (the first word stands for "cluster"). My current projects fit both of those descriptions.

TG, I've been planning (or was, before stuff at work got so nutso) to start my own freelance writing business. I may do that, may take a part-time job--anything that isn't high pressure that I would enjoy doing. I have a terrific pension (part of why I'm retiring now is that our lovely State Blimp, er, Governor, is working as hard as he can at building a constituency for a Presidential run at the expense of hard-working government employees like me), so I have a little breathing room. I have a bit of debt to whittle down (leftovers from bad choices in male companionship), so I do want to make a bit of extra money so someday I can REALLY retire.

It will be a big adjustment in a lot of ways, but hey, I can do anything.