View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

Having Faith in Recovery and Life

Funny how things work...knowing I'm not in control of my life, I leave it to a higher power to introduce choices and ideas into my journey that influence my life and make it easy, worry-free to live day by day without headache or heartache.
Things go so much easier when you don't push your life to the edge...leave it to your higher power to take care of things...things do work out better that way. Patience.

Case in point/ I had my 90 day review at work. After the usual blah blah blah I wanted to make it known to my manager that although I was positive enough that I could have taken a supervisor position -I decided to back out and not to consider me.
The thought of being responsible for the comings/goings and breaks of 12 other employees has me thinking I can barely control my own thoughts muchless the thoughts and actions of a dozen other employees. I am currently living with no stress and would very much like to save this feeling.
With that said, I was offered another position within the store I will consider.

When you make a decision in your life I believe that allows other options to open up to you. I did not know the other job was available but it is a better suited job for my life right now. I still may not get it because of my seniority status but it is open.

Another case/ I am 166 days sober and still remain sponserless. Why? Because it wasn't time to jump in to grab one. I don't feel it's equivelant to bobbing for apples. I wanted one placed in my path...I waited...patiently.
This morning I dropped off AA money to one of the less active members (due to health) and she just out of the blue asked if I was ready for a sponser. We sat and talked about 1 1/2 hours and I think she's the one.

But another funny thing was that I have been debating whether or not I should buy a lawn mower because I can't afford to keep paying this kid that cuts my grass. One week he came after a 3 week stretch then he came two weeks in a row. Very inconsistant and it's hard to plan my monthly finances since I only get paid every two weeks.
Anyway...she just happened to have a Snapper 6.0 push mower sitting in her garage I can borrow until Fall. So now I gots me a sponser...and a mower!!

When we release the fears we have over life and trust our faith that things will work out we are inviting the strength of the higher power to open our closed minds and give us the opportunities we need to succeed. All we have to do is be patient and watch for them.

I don't believe in coincidences. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Anyone having reservations about your journey...reconsider...start today and release your fears and worry. Things happen when you do.

Have a happy sober day.