View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sheneedshelp

She called me today

My daughter Amber called me today, it's the first I've talked to her since we made her find another place to stay because her drinking was causing too many problems in my house and had gotten intolerable.

We talked for about 30 minutes. She apoligized for drinking in the house and acting the way she did in front of her younger sister. She seemed sincere.

We continued to chat about her drinking and she said she still likes the way she lives and doesn't see any reason to change it. She likes going to parties and she likes the rush and just feels like it's the funnest thing she's ever done. She also told me about her living situation. She's staying at friends house most nights, unless she is at someones house and decides to stay there (usually because she's drinking). I told her I don't like what she's doing and wish she would stop but she gave a line about she's just having fun, it's Summer blah and she's probably going to tone it down when she goes back to school. Which I'll believe when I see.

She also told me that two of her friends from college were coming into town to visit this week and that she was probably going to party with them. At that point I told her, that I can't stand it when she's drinking, she's turns into something that I know she's not and I wish she would quit but again she said she'll live her life as she please. I stayed tough and didn't cry like I wanted to and simply told her if she ever wants to stop and needs help that me and her dad would be there for her but we're not going to support her drinking. I told her she can come home whenever she wants as long as she is sober when she walks in the door and plans on staying sober while she's living with us.

It was having trouble not breaking down right there, I wanted to so badly. I got a lot off my chest and I feel like she did too it just might not have been exactly what either of us wanted to hear