View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 04:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Panther

This reminds me of a quote from Good Will Hunting where he talks about his wife battling cancer, here it is:

"No, I'm not kiddin' you, Will. That's why I'm not talkin' right now about some girl I saw at a bar twenty years ago and how I always regretted not going over and talking to her. I don't regret the 18 years I was married to Nancy. I don't regret the six years I had to give up counseling when she got sick. And I don't regret the last years when she got really sick. And I sure as hell don't regret missin' the damn game. That's regret."

My life has been defined by so many events, tragic and euphoric. But life is not just about the good times, as some would say a perfect world would be - it's about the bad times too. I don't know why there is the bad times. Some say it's to bring people closer together, to unite us, to remind us that we are not alone in our isolated little worlds.

And statistics are one thing. They are numbers. But if you need a number to decide about something, then I don't think you really need a number, I think you already know. Every individual is just that - an individual. We are not numbers. I won't be dehumanized in that way or let someone close to me be dehumanized.

Panther