View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 12:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bruingirl

My furry little baby!

Hey SR fam,

Wanted to share my deep sadness with you all concerning the loss of my dog and best friend, Brownie. He has been struggling with seizures since March 2010, but they had only happened sporadically up until a couple days ago. On Thursday is when he started having continuous seizures and the vet was only able to stop them after too much brain damage had been done. He is an old dog (13 years old!), so recovery was not really happening for him.

I've been crying. I've learned from here and Al-Anon that the best way to deal is let the emotion wash over you and feel it thoroughly, followed by moving on when we feel appropriate. Right now I feel somewhat at peace. I think I'm all cried out for the time being but the house and life in general feel very empty without my little baby.

I have to say that it was all very peaceful though. He seemed very at rest. I looked into his eyes and felt like he was giving me approval that it was his time to go. He is a pretty old doggy especially for his size (german shepard mix!), and I know that I spoiled and cared for my little baby more than anything

Interestingly the place he was being hospitalized and eventually put to sleep is the SAME hospital from which we had adopted him 13 years ago. It's crazy to think that that time went by in the blink of an eye and to see how life seems to come back around in a circle.

Life is short, hope you all are remembering that and seizing each day to be happy!

(PS here's a picture of my little cutie pie! To this day I am such a proud mommy that i still refer to him as the cutest pup i EVER laid my eyes on!)
IMG_0023.jpg