View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 11:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
oxyious

Originally Posted by hopeful8523 View Post
I am on day one of being off of roxicodone 30s and I am so tempted. 150mg a day habit for over a year. Help
My habit was more than yours in amount and more than double in length. The detox should be fairly easy with only 150mg a day. You are looking at 3 days of flu like symptoms (might even be able to dodge the vomiting) and after that it's lack of energy and mental focus. So, first off, in a way you are lucky you weren't taking more, I promise you have no reason to be horrified of cold turkey, I did it (and I'm barely over 100 lbs right now) and I posted my diary of it and I only had ONE bad day but I was taking more than you for a LOT longer.

This may or may not help: I DID notice when I focused on the fact that I was detoxing and it wasn't the flu, I made it worse in my own head. When I tried to pretend it was the flu (had my kleenex box, immodium, etc) laying around me, I honestly felt better. I KNOW it sounds stupid.

BTW- Immodium will be your best friend. Diarreah is annoying at best, but it isn't painful and doesn't last forever.

I THINK YOU'LL BE OKAY KID... JUST FOLLOW UP TO STAY ON TRACK!!! Keep posting here and Welcome!

Keep us updated and ask lots of questions. Sometimes you need help from a stranger thats been there/done that to understand yourself better.