View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
However, getting spiritually fit in the first was was not easy. In fact, it was down-right impossible. I had to detach from the idea that I could somehow achieve it using diligence, tenacity or assertiveness.
And I would say that, for me, it's not spiritual at all (of course, I don't believe in spirits and such). One (or perhaps, I) MUST be tenacious, diligent, and assertive in situations where temptation arises or it isn't possible to mentally get to the place where it's not really a problem anymore.

Every once in a while I look back fondly at my drinking and drugging days. But mostly, when I get kind of nostalgic like that, I realize what I miss isn't booze and drugs. I miss the friends, the parties, being carefree and selfish and having no responsibilities (or ignoring them). It seems like how most people look back fondly at high school, but I took on a lot of responsibility in high school and didn't hit that carefree rebellious stage until I was about 25. But, as with high school, I wouldn't want to re-live it.