Thread: Day 5
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
snoopy1973

Day 5

Day 5 and stayed sober last night. The festival/concert lasted from 4-midnight and I purposely didn't go until around 9...it was incredibly hard not to drink in that environment, (and with friends pressuring me to drink, offering me a drink for the 80th time), but then I decided to do a little experiment and really watch other people and my friends and I was amazed by how drunk and stupid so many of the people looked! Drunk women completely hammered and dancing (a double bad look when you're loaded AND can't dance), people helping others walk, the gross drunk couple making out, and it made me feel good to know I wasn't ONE of them...it was definitely a challenge, and I left at 10:30 for 2 reasons: one is of course it was hard not to drink, and two, it just wasn't that fun to be with a bunch of hammered people. I realized I would rather be home in my jammies reading a book or watching a movie and doing something that would stimulate me other than this, which leads me to this question: How do you go about making some new friends who don't care about drinking and would rather do a game night, movie night, attend a museum, etc? I don't want to sit alone all of the time, but am realizing I need to make some life-style changes because if I continue to put myself in those environments it will not be healthy. The ex was there and thought he did a great job by only having 2 beers - LOL! But that is his struggle and his cross to bear - not mine. I am focusing on ME and my sobriety because that is my number one priority right now...