Old 07-07-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Welcome to SR.....I'm glad you found us. I hope you find comfort here.

I was married to a marijuana addict many years ago (28ish+ to be exact-lol). There are very specific behaviors associated with addiction regardless of the drug of choice. For me, it's not that the addict uses drugs..........it's the behaviors and what it does to them and everyone around them. I couldn't take it. The behaviors eventually made my love change and melt away. And when the thought of leaving him was less painful than the thought of staying with him....I got out. I divorced him.

Luckily we have choices. We can decide to stay miserable in a marriage with an addict. We can choose to find serenity whether the addict is using or not and stay in the marriage . We can choose to get out of the marriage and move toward a different future. Lots of choices but often when we're in the middle of it, it feels like ther are no choices at all.

I hope you stick around. There is a lot of insight that can be gained by reading the perspectives of the codependents and recovering addicts here on SR.

You are not alone.

gentle hugs
ke