View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fedup3

Can you hear me screaming!

I'm in the process of divorcing my husband as many of you know and I called my lawyer and told her to move up the prove up date so I'm still waiting to her from her how soon she can do it it was Sept 7th but hopefully a lot sooner.

Now for the screaming. I'm taking AH to meet with a rep for vets of the Viet Nam war tomorrow to try to get my husband on disability (ok I know I'm doing the codie thing here, especially taking off work to do it and seeing I'm the one who researched it to begin with) and while at work I remembered that I saved all the letters AH wrote to me from Nam. Boy did I find them and start to read them he was a pathalogical liar even back then and a drunk, stoner! When I read the letters he was totally manipulative with me even back then and after reading I was even trying to break off the engagement, oh if only I had listened to my family. Why didn't I remember that? Thank God I'm in therapy! Every letter was about his needs, wants, happiness all about him! nothing about me! Now I know why I prayed that my adult kids would never get married young like I did and I think the age of 30 should be the legal age to do it. This has opened my eyes to a lot of things especially when I fooled myself into thinking he was great until the drinking began now I remember it was always there and life was always horrible, ugh. After reading those letters it was like a light bulb went on and I never before had such a determination to move forward as I do now.

Thank you for listening to this, what an eye opener this has been it brought me back to my early years and I'm trying not to think of all the years that are gone from my life because I just refused to see and blocked out what I didn't want to see. It really s**ks being a child of an AF.