View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Originally Posted by kittykitty View Post
I hate to say it, but not everyone on this planet is going to like you. Some people are going to hate you, for no particular reason whatsoever. When I realized this about myself, I was all, "can you imagine not liking me?" (haha) but these are the facts. We can't make everyone happy, and we can't be everyone's friend. I think in a way you get that, but you are still taking it personally that they don't treat you the way you think they should. Expectations.
Thanks kitty. I think as I get older I am accepting this more and more. I'm the type of person that even if I'm having a bad day, I don't make others pay for it. I always try to keep positive. I use to think if I could be friendly, why can't other people. But I know other people do not operate like that. For the most part I don't care what people think. I pretty much do a good job of blocking negativity out as much as I can. But then I see some people who barely try with other people or they aren't very nice, and people fall all over them. Maybe they are scared of those types of people so they are nicer to them who knows. But that is not me to be mean or cold and it never will be. I'm workin with the tools I was given and I'm happy with that.