View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
katrina1960

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Hello Katrina, and welcome to SR.

I can tell you it's possible to love a child to death.

I watched it firsthand in the little town where I live.

The lady addict never wanted for a thing. Her parents financed rehab for her over a dozen times.

They financed two businesses, both which went bellyup because the profits were going up the addict's nose.

They made sure she had a house to live in, a car to drive, food, paid her bills, you name it.

The end result was a 50 year old woman who might have weighed 90 pounds sopping wet, had what I call a death cough the last I saw her, and her mother got to bury her a few months after I had run into her.

Fortunately her father had died years earlier so he didn't have to be present at his own daughter's funeral.

She never had an opportunity to get better, to find recovery, because her parents always saw to it she was taken care of.

I have a 33-year-old addict daughter. She's a clever girl and has never been homeless for more than 24 hours. She knows how to work the system, and hasn't had a job since she was 18 years old.

She gets nothing from me and if it were not for my 15-year-old granddaughter who lives with her, I'd have no contact with her at all.

God's got a plan for her, and I'm staying out of the way.

I sleep well at night knowing I have place her in God's loving hands.
Amen!!!

P.S. Love your doggies........