Old 07-06-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by BecomingMe View Post
This morning I told XAH that he is no longer welcome in my home as a result of stealing money last night when he came to visit our son. He didn't like that. Said it's not fair, blah blah blah, that we are going to talk about this more. I told him I am not changing my mind. He can visit our son outside when it fits in with little one's schedule. "What am I supposed to do if it's raining?" he says. Visit in the rain, I guess, I told him.

This is really hard. Why is he doing things to ruin the last chances to visit his son before he moves away? I know the answer I guess. I keep telling myself that I don't have to let an active alcoholic in my house if I don't want to.

I'm still shaking a bit about the thought of even having another conversation with him. I want our son to see his father while he still has a chance to but I can't let him in the house and I can't let him take little one out away from my supervision since I can't be sure when he is drinking anymore -- he just reeks of booze all the time now whether he has had a drink or hasn't.

Am I going to far? He is always telling me I am too controlling. But I need to protect my home, my money and most importantly our son.

honey, i might be a bit paranoid at times, but there are things that happen like this. I would not let the little one out of my sight. you dont know what this man might do ,. what if he decided to take him with him? far fetched maybe , but not impossible. You are doing a good job in the circumstances which are tough. but he messed up his chances - not your fault and you and your son dont have to suffer cause he is a selfish, not to be trusted man.

He does not have to have this child unsupervised, I dont trust that. He knows better, so why is he pushing this issue?

hope he goes soon, and that you and your son have a good life.

chicory