View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

Considering your kids are going I would go and keep busy. Take the kids fishing (away from the beer threat). Take them on hikes, look for nature stuff. Play in a stream -look for salamanders.
I would take davantage of heading out camping by really getting in touch with nature. It's a natural quiet setting where you can get into your own head. Bring some spiritual reading or sit on a stump and watch ants. Think about what you really want. Reflect on yourself.
It's really soon for you to be tempted so badly. Hopefully, everyone understands your situation?
My family recently had the annual family reunion. Although it wasn't possible to leave because of my new job (I live 1400 miles away) I am glad I didn't attempt to go. From the pictures I have seen everyone was holding beer. One picture, a bunch of girls were doing jello shots. I could see myself feeling 'left out' because I had to sit out of adult swim.
At 5 months sober, I just wouldn't subject myself to such an aweful temptation. Hopefully, in 2 weeks you'll feel the benefits of sobriety. It's a good thing.